Thursday, June 18, 2009

Conversation with the water guy

OK so we have gotten A LOT of rain over the past few days and while I was walking out to my awsome van yesterday I noticed that there was a lot of water around my water meter pit so I lifted up the HEAVY lid (can you see my muscles?) and found that the whole pit was filled with water and there was this ssssssssssss sound. So I call the water dept and they say it is probably from the rain but to call back tomorrow (today) if it is still full because it should drain out.

Fast forward to this morning...I am taking the kids to the last day of summer school (good bye freedom!) and I step in soggy grass again. I lift up the lid again and it is still full and ssssssssssssssing. Call them back and this is the conversation:

Lady: City hall how can I direct your call?
Me: Water dept.
Guy in Water dept: Hello City Water dept.
Me: Hi, my name is Sunshine and I live on Wonderland street and I called yesterday because the water pit was full of water and today it is just as full.
Guy in Water Dept: OK, well let me get MY CLOTHES ON ( ok...what did he just say?) and I will come on out and check it.
Me: (Laughing hard)
Guy in Water Dept: I mean, let me get out of my street clothes and get my WORK CLOTHES on and THEN I will come out and check.

I don't know about you...but I am beginning to wonder what my tax dollars are going to here at city hall...ha, ha

No comments:

My Blog List