Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day 2008


Let me just tell you...I had the best mother's day EVER. Saturday night our family went to Chili's to eat dinner (I figured what is a mother's day dinner without the kids? OR did I just neglect to get a babysitter - you decided because I will never tell! ) Anyway, we had the best time!


When we arrived it went something like this:

Hostess: How many?

Me: Six

Hostess: Six, wow! Are they all yours?

Me: Yep.

J: (To me) Like we would borrow someone else's kids to come here with. Do we really seem that insane?


I ordered baby back ribs and the kids about died. "How could you eat baby's ribs?!" They were horrified. I had to explain to them that they were beef ribs and not human baby's, then I also had to explain that they weren't baby calf ribs and that that was just their name. Then Matilda pipes up - "Well it's a good thing that we aren't vegetarians!"

Ralphie was trying to sleep in the booth by the end of the night but the kids were really good. We had alot of fun.

Generation 1 Generation 2


Generation Three


Then on Sunday my sister and her family from Hawaii stopped by on their way to Mom's house and we got to play with them for awhile. After they went on then the kids and I just hung out together watching a movie. Around 7:30 J's parents and grandmom came over to visit for Mother's Day as well. They are so fun. We took pictures of the three generations of mothers in the family. I wasn't ready for pictures but who cares right?


The coolest thing for me yesterday though is that my siblings and I went together and commissioned a portrait of my oldest brother who died when he was 18 months old. The last picture that they had of him was taken a few days before he died and time has not been kind. I first tried to get that picture restored but it was really far gone. Then I had an artist that I know do a pencil portrait of him and she did a beautiful job! My mom called and told us (my sister was still here) that the portrait was amazing. That the expression on his face wasn't in the picture but that she captured him exactly. It was a beautiful miracle for her. I just cried. My older sister called later and told me how it affected her as well and helped her to realize how important each moment is and to not take advantage of one second. It was such a beautiful growing moment for all of us.


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE SPECIAL WOMEN WHO MAKE A DIFFERENCE EVERYDAY BY LOVING YOUR CHILDREN!

No comments:

My Blog List