Friday, July 2, 2010

Simple Abundance

I was so excited...


After last year's disaster with the field rats and my garden, I was so tickled to see that some of my plants from last year were growing.



I have a roma and some other kind of tomatoes growing from the seeds of fruit that I tossed to the side after the stupid rats ate half of it.



And I have the greatest crop of basil EVER. It grew back from last year....right?





SO...


Then I called a friend to ask what kind of herb I had and did she want some because my harvest was huge!!!

R. came over and said, "Uh, thats a weed..."

Can you hear my heart break?

I was so very excited - only to have it dashed....



Time to go pull some weeds.



On a more positive note...she did say that I looked different somehow...did I lose some weight? So, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER FOREVER - espicially since the weight is all still there! :) OH, and apparently Basil doesn't grow back - go figure! :)

Sunshine Out!

4 comments:

Erin Sipes said...

That is too funny! Did it taste like basil?lol

Erin Sipes said...

Okay, I just showed my boss...she thinks it's funny too! So at least you gave us both a laugh, sorry you're harvest wasn't what you thought it was!

Leah said...

I think I have some of that basil coming up in my yard too. I didn't even plant any last year!! Maybe you should come up and help me weed! I think your looking thinner too. What's your secret?

Sunshine said...

Absolutely! There is nothing so relaxing as pulling weeds! :) We will come up. Actually, we just need to plan a date and stick to it. I am all about scheduling! :) Having babies...you know how much the body loves that! LOL...

My Blog List