Saturday, January 30, 2010

The "Some of the Family" Curse

Can you tell me what happens when you have a family lineage of French and Italian? Besides the fun obvious, you have a HUGE chance of being just a little more hairy then other women... NOT ME OF COURSE, but I am sure there is someone out there...
Anyway, when my little Audry was born, she was so very hairy, I knew she was taking after my side of the family. She even had this sweet little patch on her lower back that a friend mistook for "an explosion" in Sacrament when she saw her dress up.
But why do I tell you this...will Audry hate me later?
Probably, but she is so beautiful she will let it slide right?
Goodness, I am digressing. This is my conversation with sweet 8 1/2 year old Audry...

Audry: "Mom, I really need to get these fixed"

Mom: "What fixed?"

Audry: "My unibrow"

Mom: "Who told you that you have a unibrow?" (Mom getting a little miffed at the kids at school...HOW DARE THEY!?)

Audry: "Can you not see it? I told my self I have one!"
Mom: "Where did you learn about unibrow's?"

Audry: "On TV, when can I get it fixed?"

So what do you think? Should I. I want to. I always swore that when she noticed her unibrow that I would help her get rid of it. NOT THAT IT BOTHERS ME...SHE IS GEORGEOUS and I tell her all the time. But I don't want her feeling self conscious. But then, where does it stop? I don't want my 8 1/2 year old shaving her legs...Oh the humanity!

2 comments:

Erin Sipes said...

That is a hard one. I think I'd help her with the unibrow though, just cause I've been there!

Caty said...

So... what did you decide?? Update! :)

My Blog List