Friday, November 21, 2008

A NIGHT OF QUOTES!

So these are just a couple of quotes from listening while my family plays John Madden Football 1993...

"Good Job Ralphie - no, no run the other way!!!" - Dad

"Oh Dad! You are evil! SO VERY EVIL!" - Jake
(Daddy scored on Jake)


"Look! He went down on his nipples, but now he is back up!!!" - Audry
(Knuckles is what she meant)


"Shoot, shoot, shoot- score!" - Audry
(Did I mention this is football?)

"I win, I win, I win, I beat your dad! I beat your dad!" - Mom
First time ever I might add!
Can you see me doing a victory dance?
I did one all the way to the kitchen!

"Jake, you did a good job...our team just stinks!" - Matilda

"Cha, cha, cha, cha...Ralphie you rock!" - Audry

"Audry be quiet!!!" - Jake
Can you tell who was winning?

Audry and Ralphie were partners and Jake and Matilda were together.

"OK, I am ready for VSMILE" - Ralphie
(9:00pm is about his limit)


"Jake, just go with the flow..." - Matilda

Backstory:
Back when JP and I were first married J picked me up from work one day and very happily declares that he found a Joe Madden Football 1993! Isn't that great??? Apparently he was at a pawn shop and the sight of this game (with the Sega game system included) brought back a rush of memories of days gone past with "the guys" and he just had to buy it!

I guess I should admit at this point that I am TERRIBLE at playing video games...I am the sad little girl who cannot get past the third level of the ORIGIONAL Super Mario Brothers. I mean, when they came out with whatever took that Nintendo's place, I couldn't even get Donkey Kong into the castle. I just had to run around the outside until I got mad and gave up! Anyway, needless to say I was not as tickled but I tried, and tried, and tried and got spanked EVERY TIME!!! Thankfully he had a few highschool buddies that came over and gave me a reprieve...
So... the coolness of it wears out after awhile and it ends up in the attic in a box for something like 9 years...did I miss it? No.
Now to the present time...JP stays home with the kids on Thursday who are sick, while I am at school. By the time I am home, the tv that hasn't worked for something like 2 years is now working again and the kids meet me at the door, "Mom, mom can you go in the attic and get out Daddy's video game? Can you? Daddy said that if you got it down (since you know where it is) then we can play the video games when we get our rooms clean! Can you PLEASE!?"


So, here it is...Friday night and what I would like to call a family game night is JOE MADDEN FOOTBALL 1993. We have had a lot of fun with it...Dad finally gave up and disappeared to the bedroom for some peace and quiet... But not until after I wiped the field with him! Thankfully he didn't remember at the time exactly how to play - so my "just push the buttons until something happens" strategy worked! YEAH ME!

5 comments:

Caty said...

Fun post!

And can I just say that I love Sam's outfit in that picture? Haha

Caty said...

Okay... where are some Thanksgiving pictures? I wanna see how the Pulsipher fam is doing! What did you all do for the holiday?

Reisner's said...

Alright my blog is sheenareisner.blogspot.com

Sunshine said...

The pictures are coming just as soon as the nightmare called Classes are over! :) I have tons to cover then! :)

Caty said...

Good deal. And I understand about the classes thing. :)

My Blog List