Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Two

OK, so today I am really thankful for two things...I know pace myself but they both fit! :)
First, I am really thankful for Daylight Savings Time. Anytime I can get an extra hour of sleep is a bonus for me! Although the down side is this evening I had a planned on taking the kids for a walk after dinner and all of a sudden (?) it was getting dark. The thought actually occured to me - "Man, it seems like it got darker alot earlier over night!"
(Didn't I say I need more sleep?)


Second, I am thankful for the Sabbath day... Last month (October) I was sick, out sick with children or enjoying General Conference - three out of four Sundays. That ment three weeks of not taking the Sacrament...that was really tough for me. Sundays are my mini breaks. I am extremely busy all week long with school, children, children's school, work, callings, etc and being able to sit in church and partake of the Spirit is better than an hour long massage for me. So today, I was in heaven sitting down, listing to other's testimony of our Saviour Jesus Christ and partaking of the holy sacrament...
So here is to Sunday - the absolute best day of the week for a harried mom.
And Daylight Savings Time for the sleepy mom.

If you would like more information on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - click here.

2 comments:

Reisner's said...

Wasn't that testimony meeting so good yesterday! I didn't get to enjoy it all because my kids weren't all that good but from what I did hear it was good.

Sunshine said...

I know! Next week you have to sit with us. We will save you seats so that you can have some help with the kids. :)

My Blog List