Friday, November 7, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Seven



OK, so Hannah is off the adoption list - she is doing much better today so I am thankful for that however, I guess that doesn't count so...




Today I am thankful for the time of 7:10am to 3:43pm each week day...




Why? Do you ask?




Because between those times I get to give and recieve all the attentions of this sweet guy all to my self while his siblings are at school...




Ralphie and Jake are the best of friends. So great is their bond that over the summer I was a bit nervous that perhaps Ralphie would be out of his mind bored with his mother (who in her opinion is chop suy of a playmate when compared to his partner in crime...). "What am I going to do to keep him happy?" I pondered. What will we do?




Three months later....he is still best buddies with Jake. However, he is also my little buddy! I cannot believe the bond that we have now. I do not think that I have had this type of bond with any of my other three children. Not that we do not have really good relationships, but holy cow - he is MY BUDDY...




He has this little thing that he does.. he walks up to me and says, "Mom, I love you.." and I usually respond with something like, "Oh, my goodness! Guess what! I love you too!" and then he smiles his great smile and gives me a 'big pop my head off' kind of hug and a kiss...




Well, the other day when he did this I said, "Thank you!" and he stopped, looked at me and said,"Hey!" So I asked him what was wrong and he told me, "YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TELL ME YOU LOVE ME TOO!" So I said, "I am sorry, is that why you do that all the time?" To which he responded, "Yep."




Needless to say, I have a daily goal now to beat him to the punch - as often as I can...




Did you know he also insists on holding my hand in the car? We drive a little truck in which he sits next to me and so he always wants to hold my hand (although he won't let me kiss his hand without wiping it off - giggling of course!




What do you expect from my FAVORITE YOUNGEST SON!!! (Who's favorite color is ORANGE)




I LOVE YOU RALPHIE!




Love, MOM
PS What do you think of our FIRST EVER self portraits? I think they came out pretty good, considering what we are working with...:)

1 comment:

Marigrace said...

Hey Sunshine (JoBeth);

What a beautiful family you have!! I love all of you. (I navigated to your site thru Caty's. One of my favorite aunts of all time is named JoBeth - the baby of my mom's family.) Love reading your notes! So uplifting. You are a good example for me. Glad I get to see you every week........MGrace

My Blog List