Friday, November 14, 2008

THANKSGIVING UPDATE...

Yes, I know...what's today's date? I am a few day's behind on my thankful days but I have an excuse - really, I will come up with it...OH, SCHOOL!!! Have you taken college classes and had young children at the same time? Oh, and was self employed with all the joy and involvement that requires? That was me this week. I only go two days a week for two classes and between two classes in two days I had two exams, two quizzes and a 4 page paper about the projection of a job after I finally graduate from college. Needless to say I am a little sleepy. Matilda asked me a little while ago, "Mom, how do they expect you to keep up with all this homework and tests with four kids?" My answer? "Honey, they don't care..."
Anyway, I did take note of what I am thankful for each day - some are more trivial than others but who cares right? It's my blog...At the start of this project I had plans for great story telling and beautiful pictures to cover days but really now I just want to go to bed so...I promise I will up date - tomorrow.
In the meantime I wanted to share with you something I am thankful for today...I am thankful that J has a job and can support us with said job but that is not it (because he was last Saturday). My dearest friend in the world has a wonderful husband that is wonderfully talented and honest and great and ...jobless. They have struggled with this off and on for about three years and they are in that position again today. ANYWAY, she inspires me everytime I talk to her. The average person probably would have thrown up her hands and cried "WHY, WHY, WHY!" and I am certain that the thought does cross her mind but do you know what she said to me? "I am certain that the Lord has a better plan for us...we just have to be patient." She is able to see the blessings in this whole thing and the Lord's hand in each step of her life. I love this woman. She inspires me to be better and do better. She is such in inspiration to me. And I can honestly say that my life is richer because I know her. You rock Tinkerbell! AND because I love her I will not put her picture up on the blog because I know how much she doesn't like her pictures up anywhere...

No comments:

My Blog List