Saturday, November 1, 2008

Thanksgiving


Happy November 1st! I was thinking today (no comments from the peanut gallery) that with this being the month of Thanksgiving that perhaps I will try to find something (just one?) each day that I am thankful for...So today, I am thankful for my dad...Grandpa B..


Why do you ask?


Well, this morning I woke up at 6:15 am to change the oil in our three trucks because I really feel that those who do this for a living charge too much to do it ($42.00 for an S10 that takes 4 qts of oil.) I save about $100.00 month doing it myself since we change the oil EVERY MONTH with our business...WHERE DO YOU ASK DID I LEARN THAT??? MY DAD.



Then I walked into my bathroom and remembered that the children's toilet was still not working right and that I had bought the thingy to replace the leaky thingy in the tank about a week ago and my cute guy STILL hasn't gotten around to it - SELF EMPLOYED - Do I need to say more?




(SIDEBAR... I looked at his work calendar and did you know that he has worked EVERY DAY for the entire month of October except for the 4th? Oh, and Sundays but J is in the bishopric and we know that that means that Sunday is not a day off - meetings and such...)



Anyway, I thought to my self...you should go ahead and get it done for him since he just doesn't have enough time in the day...so I did (see later blog on THAT). And not only did I fix the kids toilet, the seat on mine was moving because a plastic screw that held it in place broke in two...WHERE DID I LEARN TO DO THAT? My Dad (and the instructions for the new fangled thingys)



He also taught me how to strip and stain furniture, change the shocks in a BRONCO (which came in handy when my little bro needed to do his...), use power tools, remodel the basement so that I could have my own room, work a rototiller, use a hammer as well as an ax, change a tire, jump a battery. The list goes on and on.


Were we always close? NOOOO. But I know that he loves me. And I love him.

Thanks Dad for all that you have taught me! I LOVE YOU!

Happy November 1st!




ps - the only downfall to having this knowledge? Now that my husband knows I CAN do it, he tends to LET ME do it... ;)

1 comment:

Erin Sipes said...

Isn't it the truth, thank goodness for dads with daughters...

My Blog List